Tuesday 25 August 2009

Movie review: Goodfellas

So last night I finally get to see “Goodfellas”. This is a very famous movie, the kind of movie that every movie lover should see at least once in his lifetime. Martin Scorsese masterpiece. Empire Magazine gave him 5 stars. The best of the many Scorsese – De Niro collaborations.
So I sit down and finally watch it and I must say that for me is not that good.
Bear with me I am not saying that is actively bad. But it was a somewhat void experience. My girlfriend nailed it right when she said that we couldn’t feel emotion from it. That it wasn’t gripping.
For me it was like watching a documentary. A very good documentary but a documentary nonetheless.
Look how the mobsters live! See the charm of their lifestyle! Their brutality! Their love for pasta!
All well shot and well edited, all probably true (Especially the food part which for me was very amusing) but as a story this was severely lacking. No development at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment